Saturday, July 30, 2022

Pregnant! #2

SO it happened... After 3 months recovering from Monty I started cycling again and we jumped straight in. This time having clomid or letrozole (increases the amount of eggs) and follicle tracking (ultrasounds to count how many eggs, if there are too many we would abandon that month to reduce the risk of multiples) and seeing Dr Bothma twice during ovulation week, a few of which were very thrown in between her surgeries and even on New Year’s Eve!. This is to ensure we nailed the ovulation.  After ovulating I started progesterone (you have a drop in progesterone when labour starts so keeping it high reduces miscarriage and keeps the uterus quiet). After 4 cycles and adding a trigger shot the last 2 times (injected by us on ovulation day which forces the rupture of follicle and releases an egg) it was starting to look more like a Damien problem… so we started the process of getting him checked again and booked an appointment with the IVF specialist Dr Giltrap who got us pregnant last time. Because I was doing pregnancy tests I was doing them at the earliest possible, I was not thinking about anything else but fertility! And on that 4th cycle low and behold it was positive!!! 

I didn’t have any reaction straight away, I guess I didn’t believe it was ever going to happen, so I went back to cooking! After a while I looked at it again and cried. Damien was in Sydney for a job so I was cranky he wasn’t here but I told him over the phone to which he said “right well now we just have to get through 20 weeks”. My first inclination was I was craving jalapeƱos. I was very excited to call Dr Bothma, she said I made her day and was happy to have the news right before she went on leave. We booked a 6 week scan, and will continue with progesterone until 36 weeks! It was fun telling close friends and family and filming the reactions. 

First trimester went very well, I was energised with zero nausea so continued at F45 gym and concentrated on a good diet. I craved water and veggies and turned off sugar! By 12 weeks shit hit the fan with the breathing and thats another blog... MEANWHILE we had a free photo shoot with out wedding photographer so we took the opportunity to make it an announcement photo shoot. 

 
 

3 comments:

Em said...

LOVE the pics! You must be an expert on ovulation and fertility now! And congratulations!!

Dibbo said...

Hey! You snuck that blog in when I wasn’t looking. Love the forest photos. Awesome!

Mum xxx said...

Big smiles and hugs from me xxx :)