After another goodbye to Yu as he left for Japan, was just a quick hour/half flight and I'm here in another country. It's funny that in Auz we say 'overseas' cant really say that here no one understands you. I knew I had a 3 hour wait for Damien, Suvo and Amanda to arrive from Australia so thought I'd just sit in the airport. After their time of arrival had come and gone, 5 hours of waiting we realised we were at different airports!!!! Buh!! Jumped in a taxi and we all arrived an hour later at Hotel GEO, China Town Kuala Lumpa.
Very nice to see Damien again who is pretty excited to be here and has caught the Tavel bug pretty quickly! We've spent 2 days here walking around china town markets and having some amazing stick food that you cook yourself in the steamer on the table or on their BBQ, delicious, ended up having it every night!
Spent some time visiting Amanda's friend at their more grand hotel in the pool area, but of course left for stick food!
Next day went to see some really tall towers and climbed lots of stairs to see a temple cave. There were lots of monkeys but pretty sure they all have rabies wouldn't want to touch one, apparently they steal your stuff as well.
I also got some Henna done, she was so fast, I love the designs.
There are a lot of Muslims here, we got told off by a lady on the train for putting our feet up as you are scolding their mothers if you do.Anyway so I'm in Malaysia now, new people new country new experiences!








3 comments:
The food sounds yum! Cool henna.. I'm glad it's not a tattoo!
Sounds really interesting. Love that stick food.
"Very nice" to see Damien eh? You bothy look a bit happier than "very nice"!
Post a Comment