Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Koh Phenang party time



Koh Phangan is the home of the FULL MOON PARTY a huge famous beach party that has about 30,000 people at it, no rules no limits just fun. However it is also known for being really dangerous and a lot of people have died or drowned in the water. I was a little sceptical of it and felt again that I was just another tourist following the crowed like a sheep and didn't think I was going to like it as I knew it would be pretty trashy. However if you are safe and with a good group of people it can be really fun. We spent some time decorating ourselves first which I loved.


Catching the long boat to the party


When you first arrive by long boat to the beach there are sooooo many people and you go straight to the many stalls selling buckets, which are surprisingly strong (you think you've just had one drink but really it was a full bucket) you only need 1 or 2 to be pretty tipsy so can just imagine how quickly you could go over the edge.

There are a lot of dancing platforms and stalls and fluro painting, we bought our own paint which I loved and everyone I talked to I had to paint. I also ran into a lot of Australians and randomly ran into a friend of mine from Griffith!!!!!! Another guy knew Yenda!


When the sun starts to come up you can see the trashyness of the place and know that its time to go home, so we caught a boat back wich was really nice as the sun was rising just a really nice atmosphere. Of course we had to sleep all day the next day after not really sleeping until midday. Well my attitude had changed about it, yes it can be trashy but if you decide to just have fun and be safe then it can really be fun, I think I would go back again one day.

We didn't see much of Koh Phangan but still had a really great relaxing time, and I really like the island. The beach, cafe on the beach and resort we were in was amazing. I would have liked to stay there longer to get jet skies or a jeep and see more of it but we had to continue on the trip this time to Koh Lanta another island. 

You really do need to stay in one place for at least a week, 3 days is good however the first day is a rest day to recover from the trip there, then you don't have much time to research what to do there and actually do it, you should book a place for a night then see if you like it which you usually can tell straight away then stay a week OR organise to move on after 3 days.

3 comments:

Dibbo said...

Looks like you had a great time with your mates. Looks like it was full of Aussies too!

Em said...

Smashing out the blogs.. Keep it up! Looks like you're having a ball!

Mum xxx said...

I've never heard of the Full Moon Party! Glad you didn't tell me about it beforehand and glad you survived it!