Saturday, September 17, 2022

Honeymoon

After a big day of packing up it wasn't over with more stuff to organise before we left, we said goodbye to Stem, returned some postal things, packed in 3 seconds which meant I over packed, packed our wedding cards to open while away, and Damien even bought a Ute!! We headed off to Melbourne! In hindsight we should have had another day at home as we were absolutely buggered. Our brains were going nuts so sitting in the ute was quite relaxing. Damien had mud on his track pants from the dog jumping on him after we dropped it off at Suvos, so we looked like dags arriving at our posh hotel. We were on the 34th floor which took ages to get to the top, and made me sick each time, but our view was amazing! We ordered room service for dinner, which was pretty fancy from the roof top restaurant, and passed out pretty early. Breakfast was included each day which was an awesome buffet of anything you wanted, I never knew what I wanted so ended up with too much food each time, but it was awesome. 
Damien had organised a mystery picnic where we had to solve clues to release the location for the next food pick up spot, you collect your picnic food from around the city and are taken to the main places to see ie graffiti laneways and interesting bars. Such a great way to see a city. I was already so buggered and puffy from the last few days I had to sit a lot, though still got a bit of shopping in. We bought a hot air balloon mobile for the nursery, had the best hot chocolate ever and a Portuguese tart. You are supposed to end up at a park to eat the picnic however we were so buggered we went home to have it there. 
After brekky we thought we'd go to a baby exhibition though halfway there in the uber we realised it was the following month! So went back where we were staying as across the road is the DFO. We got a bit excited in the DFO, then I rode a scooter back across the road as I just couldn't walk anymore, and took a nap. Damien enjoyed the free time to find a German bar and had a pork and pint. My Dr rang to change an appointment hence I mentioned the swelling, she said to get to a pharmacy and if my blood pressure was high to go to ED. So we got some scoots and found the most random pharmacy in the sticks... my blood pressure was high... with only a few hours left to get to the theatre I rang the midwives in Griffith to see how urgent is was to go to hospital... they of course can't say not to go, so we bought the BP machine, and went home to take my BP medication, which i've been on for a few weeks already, I put my feet up and after 30mins it had come down. So we got ready for the theatre, dressed in our best, when we arrived everyone else was in jeans and jumpers. I ordered a cider which the guy recommended when I asked what was non-alcoholic, a couple sips in realised it was alcoholic!! That probably didn't help with the fatigue as I fell asleep in the show!! Damien had to poke me a few times as I was all splayed out in my camilla dress snoring. The next morning after brekky I managed to book a massage to the room! Something thats been on my bucket list. Thankfully it was a good treatment and very relaxing, just what my feet needed. 
We then headed out to see the Van Gough exhibition which was only across the road. It was excellent, with projections bringing his work to life and even a terrace cafe styled to mimic his painting The Terrace. This is the new way to see art, much more interesting and interactive, we stayed for ages laying on the floor (I took any chance to put my feet up) and had another mocktail. 
It was Andrew's birthday and they happened to also be in Melbourne, so we met up with them for an Ice Bar, I decided we all needed to pay the extra for the fur coats, which ended up being more cold and meant we were sitting directly on the ice BUT we looked awesome so didn't matter. Damien was worried we'd get kicked out as I was illegally taking photos. My mocktail was essentially a glass of milk! We played air hockey and were done before the 45 mins were up. We checked out a graffiti laneway before it started raining quite a bit so found a Tiki Bar for some random cocktail entertainment. We each had dinner plans elsewhere so split up in the rain. 
Damien has been raving about Korean BBQ after having a few in Sydney recently while on work trips, so he wanted to take me to one. We found this one in an alleyway that has high reviews, we had to wait 45 mins in the rain on the front step to get a table. Damein took 
cooking the meat very seriously. We were absolutely stuffed after and went back to the apartment to pass out in a food coma. 
We enjoyed our last brekky and packed the ute with the accumulated extras from the shopping spree. Damien was excited to go to a 4x4 expo which was HUGE and actually pretty good to see, we of course now want a caravan... The place was not set up for pregnant people though with no much seating. I almost fell asleep lining up for a donut. I found a stall selling beds and had a lay down, the lady tried to sell me the bed. Once home I slept all weekend and finally got my puffy feet back down. Saw my Dr and had some bloods done on the Sunday. It was a great time away and the perfect thing to do. Though I did too much and should have had time between wedding and honeymoon. I'm much more fragile in pregnancy than I thought...

3 comments:

Em said...

Looks like a great though expensive few days away! You fit in some great experiences! Take care of yourself!!

Dibbo1957 said...

The perfect honeymoon. Spoiling yourselves, discovering new things, shopping spree, massage. Exactly what you needed. Van Gogh is in New!! Saw the set up on the foreshore. Definitely going.

Mum xxx said...

What a great time!!! And good to see you did get over the exhaustion.