![]() |
| 27 weeks that day |
Stem invited us to the much anticipated Henty field days for Myles 3rd birthday. We had to go on the Wednesday even though it was forecast to rain as I had an ENT Dr appointment I couldn't miss on Thursday (which was a pop up public holiday due to the queens death). So we put our boots on and joined the farmers in their drizabone and akubras.
Myles was pretty stoked with the tractors running off with his balloon which helped us to see where he was. It did rain most of the time we were there but was fine with a raincoat. We saw a lot of farm machinery, big drones, a reptile show, mud and the bar…
![]() |
| Johns scooter allowed him to keep up with us all, and was good for pregos as well |
The rain started getting a lot heavier right when we were a bit over it anyway. We stopped for a Devonshire tea or an apple for me after finding out the day before that I have gestational diabetes!! Sang happy birthday to Myles with a candle in an apple, the headed off to meet in town at the Doodle Cooma pub to give Myles his presents.
![]() |
| Digger pop up card I was excited to give Myles |
![]() |
| Damien looking the part in his RM boots and new akubra |
The Border Mail (Albury's newspaper) contacted me after I made a comment on the Field Days facebook page. A lot of people were winging about being turned away after travelling all the way there, and blaming the organisers, so I just wanted to be positive and said how we had a good day. It ended with Myles being on the front page of the paper and my comments published!!!






4 comments:
Beat ya Em, Sucker!!!
You guys are soooooo lucky! Ive never been to the Henty Field Day. Did you ride side-saddle on the scooter with John or did you sit in the basket???
Glad we didn't go on Thurs as we would've missed it!! I want to go again! so much to see!
It was a great day despite the rain. Not as many crowds. will go in the rain next time if we can! And a pleasure to be with the newspaper celebs!
Post a Comment