Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Wedding decor

The set up turned out better than I had imagined and I think I nailed the pinterest board. The florist absolutely knew what I wanted only after a few short conversations. She has since told me she has been getting so much recognition on facebook and in person saying it was the "wedding of the year" a far cry from the usual bridal white flowers she is a bit over doing. She was so excited for our wedding being able to be a bit different and quirky. There was even a cabbage in the handrail piece. I was so excited when walking down the aisle to see her creations on the arbour. 
I gave my bouquet to my obstetrician after the wedding and she said she received a lot of compliments on them

All of the signage was awesome thanks to Em's graphic design skills, it was a last minute splurge to get them professionally printed though worth it
The ceremony set up looked 100% what I was after. 70 people doesn't look like much. 
THE BAR - There was a lot of chat about where the bath tub should go, we got it from out the dump pile from Pioneer Park as I loved the colour. There was a plug in it however it did turn into a mud bath by the end of the night. Damien and Suvo said they actually packed it full of beers and ice and made it look really great however the staff didn't know where the beers were for the cocktail hour and took them all out again! I LOVED how the bar looked. 
Sparkler tags looking exciting for the sparkler send off
We had to tell a few people about the bottle top opener on the bar. Thankfully Kate and the girls were on candle duty as there were a lot more than I thought, it looked like it took some effort. There were some empty spots which were perfect for putting our bouquets on, like it was meant to be. 
Was so happy with how the couch looked on the grass, we originally wanted the whole wedding to have this kind of cocktail hour couch vibe however I discovered that would cost a lot more and was really hard to achieve. The couch ended up being a place for Ruby to sleep on. 
Smores bar was a hit and the fire pit was the cherry on top. 
The cake was pride and centre as you walked into the reception and couldn't be missed with its vibrancy. 
The coffee station looked good on the distressed cupboard, Dad and Jenny's coffee machine which they made sure people knew how to use, old mismatched tea cups. Mums mini carrot cakes were a hit, we couldn't believe they were all eaten! We thought someone must have stollen them
My homemade earrings from Kate

Green dresser and photo book in action 
Table decor, tall stem flowers including tulips in bottles for a pop of colour and fun just as the brief said. And a glimpse of the last minute leaf chandelier that made the decor. 
Our florist surprised us with blue goblets as she knew my shoes were going to be blue 

3 comments:

Em said...

It was soooo you and exactly what you were after, even if it meant a lot of setting up, hauling and storing lots of things and packing up! Looked great, and the marquee really helped define the space! Everything really came together well! Well done!

Dibbo said...

Fabulous!!!🤩

Mum xxx said...

Although all that work behind it, on the day it all looked so effortless which shows it all came together perfectly and meant to be. (PS so great to have this Blog to remember it all!)