I am very happy to announce that i am a qualified ONCOLOGY MASSAGE THERAPIST
Offering this incredible SAFE massage in Griffith for those
-living with
-or have had cancer
-and the carers and support people for those with cancer
-living with
-or have had cancer
-and the carers and support people for those with cancer
Oncology Massage is gentle, mindful touch with a specially trained Oncology Massage Therapist who will adapt their massage techniques to work safely with clients living with cancer and other degenerative illnesses.
Check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/remedialandoncologymassage
![]() |
| My new logo and business name BALANCE WELLNESS STUDIO thanks to Em for the design |
So this year is all about finishing the courses that I started last year!! My stupid fault for sighing up for everything that I came across, thinking that i could do it all. But i low and behold i actually am not super women, and it caused a lot of burn out. SO have ticked one course off the list.
After 12 months of practicing, offering free oncology massages once a fortnight to one of my Melanoma clients. Karina has just been given the all clear of tumours after 5 years of treatment, and attributes the inclusion of these massages to get her through.
The readings were pretty heavy however very fascinating and delving a lot deep into anatomy, who would have thought id be such a science nerd. The actual face to face course was 3 days in Sydney, where i stayed in a convent with a whole lot of poeple on a sabbatical. Accommodation as 30 bucks a night and included all meals with the nuns. On the last day we were tested on a case study with actual cancer patients. Was great to see so many different cases, though just so heartbreaking also.
I have had a few clients come in for massage since being graduated and its nice to be payed for my efforts, finally! I recently hosted a BIGGEST MORNING TEA as an opening day for my oncology work which was a success, though a bit stressful. I went around town getting donations for prizes to give, putting up posters, getting cups and plates donated, making up a raffle and trying to advertise to get enough poeple alone.
![]() |
| Ohh Ahh and I |
![]() |
| Loved wearing my apron |
Em came over to support me which was awesome to have some help setting up, and Mum went nuts cooking up a storm, there was SO much food.
![]() |
| Winning cakes of the Bake Off |
I had mostly friends, clients and work colleagues come along BUT I was stoked to have a couple of locals come along also after seeing my add around town. i think next time I will just join Can Assist's biggest morning tea, as I is was a lot of effort and money on my behalf.
![]() |
| Giving a speech about the work i offer |
![]() |
| Some friends of mine and the randoms that came along |
What was amazing and made it all feel so worth it was that a lady came along who was the Aboriginal Medical Centre's coordinator here in Griffith. She sore my posters for Oncology Massage and came along to have a chat. She is interested in referring clients to me and also applying for funding for the massages. So far we have Can Assist offering to pay for some of the more extreme cases WHOO HOO!!
![]() ![]() |
| Ruby was a great helper, but only because she was told if she made me happy she could have a Fuzzy Wuzzy that Em made to sell for Breast Cancer awareness |











2 comments:
It was a great morning - a real credit to you. You are doing something really worthwhile with your cancer massage and fundraising - I'm very proud of you xxxx
Just catching up on all your blogs Kez. Boy you have been busy. How did I miss all of these? Looks like a great event, well done!
Post a Comment