Couple of
things have been happening since my last post. Had a short stint at The
Roastery, unfortunately they cut their opening hours so I was the first to go
as I was the last in, which is really sad as I enjoyed the job and being
recognised for my barista skills.
ANYWAY the
most exciting news is stumbling upon a new massage clinic opening in Griffith,
run by two ladies who are getting back into massage after taking time out to
have kids. I rent a room in the clinic and run my business from there.
Financially I wasn't quite ready to start a business, however I couldn't miss
the opportunity to work in a new fresh clinic like this, and it has come
together well with help from the ol' fam, THANKS FAMILY! The place is very
professional and I am loving being there, I even have had a few clients!! I
will be massaging 3 days a week at this stage and hope I get inundated enough
to go full time (thats the dream anyhow), even when I have no clients I am
answering phone calls, general cleaning, studying and fluffing about in the
clinic.
I have
been searching for work to fill my other days like crazy, theres isn't much
available this time of year however I landed a job back at Bertoldos!! The top
block shop this time. I started yesterday and felt like I never left, the
products, customers and majority of the workers are all the same, I guess it
makes for an easy start to a job and works around massaging perfectly. I will
also be staring my diploma in about a month and have decided to finally do a
MYOB course which will be 8 weeks every wednesday, maybe this will help me get
administration work so I don't burn and cut my hands too much in hospitality,
not a good look when your massaging someone. Also of course it'll help me with
my business.
Of course
it hasn't been all work, even with the limited funds. Went to Albury to see Em
and Steve and Dad and Jenny while they were down for few days bike riding
around the country side, and had a pizza eating extravaganza and of course did
the park run on Saturday morning, which was interesting after not being for a
run for a few years now though it was fun event, I wish Park Run was in
Griffith.
After
waiting for it to get a bit colder so we go on a family camping trip and have a
fire, we finally made it to the point. Damien and I went a bit early making it
a 4 days trip out in the scrub. We defiantly weren't cold though, kicking off
the thousand blanket id packed thinking we'd freeze to death, and sitting in
tshirts in front of the fire. It rained son the Saturday night and day a
little, but we were fine just sitting under a tarp, that I accidentally drove
the van through at one point.
| Ruby's bowling surprise after earning 7 stickers over the weekend. |
3 comments:
New adventure for you Kez!! Sounds like it's all finally starting to work out.. Nice profesh looking pics too! Camping was heaps of fun, we gotta do it again! Maybe on the Murray next time.. :)
Love the pics Kez. As Em said, very profesh. Hope you get lots of clients.
Glad you reminded me about blogs - great to see yours the last few months. Life certainly changes but that keeps it all exciting. xxx
Post a Comment