Saturday, July 16, 2011

Catch up!!

..... I dont know where to start.....


its been about 4 months since i've written a blog, and SOOO much has happened. I love writing blogs and hate to let it slip like I have, just to put into perspective how busy i've been (not that i'm the only one, this is my blog so i figure i'm allowed to be selfish... so there). This post will be a catch up of the little things that have been happening then ill do others on the bigger things.

I finished a long lot of very painful, expensive dentist appointments, getting 7 fillings, X-rays and advice from a surgeon and an orthodontist about my jaw (the muscles clench and ache all the time, and clicks, and I'm grinding my front teeth away rapidly). They suggested surgery to be the only option as braces wouldn't do anything, according to the X-ray my top/back teeth are fused together and haven't been able to 'erupt', nor will they ever be able to (assuming its the same issue as Em and Mum). In the mean time i'm putting extra effort into chewing which makes my muscles ache even more, the dentist recommended massage, which I have done occasionally and feel 100% better after doing it, but who has the time everyday. Its good to have a reason behind things, however the solution is pretty drastic. I will see the face surgeon in Canberra just to suss out the options but will not rush into something like jaw breaking, face changing surgery.

I have moved house: I didn't mind living with Cara, and had my own bathroom etc however it wasn't my kind of house and I never felt quite at home. My stuff was still in boxes sprawled out in the spare room, I didn't have a desk space, I like sitting at a desk getting organised, and was so far away form everyone I never saw them and had no social life. It was fine for a few months and I saved a lot of money, BUT I realised thats not a life, it not worth feeling shit and not enjoying your time for any reason. That said I wouldn't have done anything differently its all an experience, and happens for a reason. So I jumped at the chance to move in with Blue and Sammy into a much nicer, older style, more comfortable (in my eyes) home. Paula and Bec mentioned I look so much more relaxed here and fit in well. Mum and john came to help me move which made things a lot easier and was done in no time. PS I still haven't fully unpacked yet, everything is in suitcases still after 5 weeks.


I also quit Micks bakehouse and started working at Wez's Walkabout. Which wasn't the best choice in the world, though at the time it felt too good to be true, as I started there the day I left Micks, a nice easy transition. However my 2nd choice to hand in a resume was back at the Nosh Pit on campus, if only I had known they were looking for someone to manage the Mouth Trap, I missed out by this much (holding up hand to indicate a very small amount). BUM!!! Wez's is a small family owned cafe with extremely high standards as most of their customers are doctors, from the surrounding practices and hospital. I didn't enjoy a single day there and found it very very stressful, they are very hard bosses to please, and I have never felt so under confident working in hospitality. They started to have a very slow period and admitted to me that it was awkward to have to give me less hours after promising to give me more, I admitted to looking for another job and asked if they could at least give me enough shifts to pay for my rent which they agreed to. HOWEVER I haven't heard from them since. They also did the same thing to my house mate Sammy. I really had no respect for them by the end and am glad to never have to step foot in there again, more so then Mick's Bakehouse.


BUT it means I havnt worked for 5 weeks (beside the 2 shifts at the UNI helping clean up dead mice and throwing out the most disgusting mice infested costumes from the basement, I actually picked up dead mice... me, Kerri who hates them more the anything, ps I had gloves and a mask on... YUK!. So I am getting by but have eaten into my Micks savings, unfortunately. BUT its been worth it as I got so much out of STAGE MANAGING "HAIR: THE TRIBAL ROCK MUSICAL" but thats another blog...

2 comments:

Em said...

OMG! You and luck with work bosses.. Bring on more blogs!

Mum xxx said...

Where is the photo of you picking up the mice???