Wednesday, August 05, 2009

SKI TRIP!!!!!

went to the snow last weekend with a bunch of uni friends organised by Hugh, who lives in MOUNT BEAUTY and is a mad keen skier. We stayed in an 18 people lodge in town (there were 16 of us) and drove up the mountain each day (2days). The weather was very disappointing, fog-rain-snow the whole works however we all still hadf the bestest ever time. The first night we played a massive game of Monopoly which was heaps of fun but meant we didn't get much a of an early night...




this is Hugh and his Dad still skiing like a gun at 80...




I snow boarded the first day with Frog, Seb who had never boarded before and Mooney. We were all pretty much at the same level so could keep up with each other with Dan and Jess on the skis. I have come a long way since Whistler on the board and am getting the hang of it pretty well now.






Some of the girls couldn't afford to ski so they got a non skier day lift pass for I think about $10 and spent the day playing in the snow tabogoning etc


We were all so tired at the end of the day BUT had to have a few celebratory drinks due to it being HUGHs birthday Saturday and Dan's on Sunday.



I wanted to stay in the board for the second day though i thought skiing would be better so I could really get a run for my money ie did a few jumps etc. All the boarders skied the second day, we were all prett6y warn out form the first day, it is definitely much much harder then skiing and having to sit down every timne before a run is quite tiring.



We drove back to Wagga late Sunday night arriving back at about 1am feeling VERY tired we all crashed. Next day we all were aching all over, I had a knot in the front of my neck and couldn't lift my leg without physically lifting it with my hands I felt like a disabled person. After some massages, radox baths and tiger balm we are starting to feel normal again.

Despite the pain, the trip was SOOOOOO WORTH IT we can;t wait for next year.

THANKS DAD xxx

4 comments:

Dibbo said...

No worries Kez. Happy Birthday. Can you post some photos of you on the board from your friends cameras. Very jealous.

Kezza!!!!!! said...

i dont have any :-(

Mum xxx said...

What a great birthday present - glad it was such a good time.

Em said...

Soooooo JEALOUS!!! Bum about the crap weather!!!