Thursday, August 13, 2009

Photograph stuff

So my first assessment for Digital Imaging #2 was to "PHOTOGRAPH STUFF".....?????????

It pretty much so we would break the 'rules' and think a bit differently and creativly it was only worth 10% and we only got 2 weeks so was meant to only be a small assessment... I actually had fun with it in the end

First thing I thought of when I got the brief was piles of STUFF ie rubbish/random things so thought I could go the the tip... however I thought this would be a bit random and may not produce a very interesting image and I wasn't all that keen on smelling the tip... SO I went out to Cambells, which is a opshop/junkyard full of STUFF about 20 mins out of Wagga in Oaura. I went with a car load of designers (designers will jump at the chance to head out to any op shop/junkyard). I took a bunch of picks some were OK but I decided to just submit one image as the others didnt really mesh well etc and you only reallyh needed to hand in one image...

I liked this one for the lighting and shadows, and also how colourful it is for RUBBISH...


Heres some other pics i could have used...







Ive been experimenting with PHOTOSHOP trying to get up to where i should have been last yr for the first half of this subject (digital Imaging #1), im finding it really interesting and am understanding it a lot more... heres some muck around images I put together



This semester is proving to be very COMPUTERY with photoshop lectures and vectorworks lectures BUT im trying to understand it and am having to go over and over it with Scot its pretty cool once you understand it though... In Vectorworks we have to draw a 3D model of eith stairs or a flat, I think Ill do the flat... a lot easier

3 comments:

Dibbo said...

I really like the one you chose Kez and also the jars with dark gunky looking liquid in them. Did u do the photoshop images too? They are very professional looking!

Mum xxx said...

The're all great. How clever you are. I like the one of the guy in the bath.

Em said...

Yeah the one u chose is cool and the best! I love the colours its awesome!! I also like the jar/glasses one as it is out of context.. Makes the viewer question what the glasses are doing full of gunk etc..

The bath concept is cool.. You need bigger pics to play with.. Number one thing wrong with the skateboard one is shadows!!.. the skaters need shadows.. You need to feather the selection more too.. changing the levels/colour etc to match the girl would automatically make it look more real also. But very well done!! Good one ya Kez!