Saturday, December 24, 2022

Stem visit on last weekend of pregancy

Having a planned Caesar is a little different. You know exactly when she’ll be born, and don’t have those days of wondering “when will I go into labour” I guess there’s pros and cons for both. Stem were always planning to visit this weekend before the date got moved forward due to me being on insulin. We used it as a chance to have a Christmas lunch and gifts. Baby Moose got the best present I reckon with 5 cleaning session from a professional cleaner!!!! Thanks Grandma Robyn, that’s the best and will help a lot. 

Stem arrived Friday in time for dinner, I made a beef stew, my one task for the day after my infusion.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1gv0de8di43m9854TXBgwdixuUkPAHvTN
Uncomfortable at the infusion and the nurses having fun with Elf in the IV bag
Saturday they went to park run while I rested with a bit of a tummy ache and read a bit more of my book I needed to finish before baby. Damien supplied the traditional bacon and egg rolls from his fave tuck shop ladies… Mum and John arrived and we got stuck into some gifts, John missed out as he had a drs appointment right when we started. Elliott of course had to get his birthday present as well, a cool shark hooded towel. We had a mini version of the traditional luncheon. Let’s just say I ate more then I should have with gestational diabetes… a few scotches for the blokes and left over ham for dinner and bed. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=15dwOJR1EYfhstn8ToJdkLa2qiD27824phttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Gpxx-xDf5JT-UWC79mIrbZvp3MJ7fM8l
They all went to Altina zoo the next day but it was too hot for me so I stayed home and sleep! Which was probably for the best after a big weekend of visitors. Then it was one more sleep before baby Moose… 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1T3cbphdnIDOr-NmdtzSZ_TlihflC8gyi

2 comments:

Em said...

That sounds like one of the best things about a planned ceaser! Not having the last few weeks with everyday thinking “will it be today?!” It was a great weekend to tick off a few things before Christmas and some to do again when all the kids are older!

Dibbo1957 said...

Good stuff Kez!