Easter Monday Damien decided to start sanding the kitchen bench, a job we’ve spoken about for awhile and he thought might just be a few hours worth of work… 1-2 months of cooking in the laundry it is now usable.
Damien belt sanded the bench with every grain you can get! We loved the light colour of the raw wood so I set out to find out how to keep it pale, lots of stains making it to yellow/red. I discovered liming white which came up perfect! After lots coats of stain then varnish, gassing myself put of the house the sink was ready to put back in.
Meanwhile I thought we definitely need to do the cabinets while we’re at it, so loved using our cutlery off the dining table for about a month. Clients enjoyed sticky braking and seeing the progress. I’ve learned a lot about different materials, paint options/prep and sanding! Was a very very hard decision on colour choice, after about 2 tins of paint/money later I went back to vivid white the same as the walls…
We pulled out the oven just to get to the bench easily and decided it was gross and wasn’t going back in. So then we were in the market for a new oven! Settling on one in Albury, a bargain being the demo model. And of course a new range to match, the range was actually broken and the old oven would take an hour to pre heat.
We are both stoked with the finished look and love being in the kitchen now. Still a few things to finish (get oven hooked up, colour bond around kick board etc) but couldn’t be happier.
3 comments:
The light coloured bench makes such a difference! Looks great!
Very Schmick Kezza. Big job but worth it in the end, well done!!
A great job! Love the photo of you cooking in the laundry!
Post a Comment