Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Corowa Survivors

I feel like we’ve had a good mix of family holidays this year already, Steve booked an Air BnB in Corowa early in the year. The Suvo’s and Di generously agreed to have Ruby for a few days so Damien and I could get away, we dropped her off at the farm Weds morning and exchanged her for their boat! We were the first to arrive at the venue even after Damien had his pub meal fix at Corowa’s local... The place is right on the water with a private boat ramp, water view deck, fire pit, games room pool table etc and a hut that I was stoked Damien and I were allowed to have! While we waited for everyone else we took the boat down to the river to roughly where we thought woolies would be to buy pina colada ingredients and milk, a fun expedition. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1QbOgOJ1G6U72WKn0AoCGIgAupggV760O
The first night Damien and I were on dinner duty, cooking up a beef ragu in the thermo (a recipe we had exactly this time last year after our wedding was canceled) and of course a few wines/pina colada’s around the fire... aka not a party (strict instructions by the owner).
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ye1pFANtO4RYf2F27z7eu-g_yeQ43gg1
I am now the proud owner of a road bike! Thanks Jenny!!! And was stoked to be able to join everyone on a few rides around town, taking Myles down to the park etc. We met up with Steve’s parents for a roll up, I hadn’t slept at all the last 2 nights so I was happy baby sitting and watching the game. Em and Steve cooked up some Jones street bbq and potato bake in the camp fire oven. That night we enjoyed some mulled wine by the fire. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1XeVV6jPmu43kUj5G_Lm4qT_HINss2ppB
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=169k0ZLan1te5-GyHlKpjyDPZsq5MuP6U
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Y8sDuP9lLry3BqEDdDJMJzjWypte1C4Whttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1AHogNqfbLAxDdYEtKGhm3AtodKY1VpCG
Friday was tourist day, taking the bikes to Rutherglen on my first longer ride and on main roads! Was awesome, only had a slightly sore bum. Damien met up at Parker pies for a crap coffee, left Steve, Dad and Jenny tasting some wine and the rest of us took Myles back in the car for a nap. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-oFvOooA10DxCy_EwKSHuoalMt4obCJ6https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-_Z0B5PJ7S-2EqhrRhri_gSzNFo7H34N
I’ve heard all about the Corowa whisky factory and even got quotes for our wedding back in the day. So we finally got a chance to get down to see it in the flesh! It was awesome, and now I want to plan a wedding there... Damien and I did a full whisky tastings which when having them mindfully I didn’t hate it as much as I’d thought, but I’m still definitely not a fan. The experience was awesome, learning how to smell it, and taste or add water to your liking, and how not to cough... We took Myles for a spin in the boat that arvo, he seamed cold and unsure of it. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1JLtdSGptdeMjsLWBRgjbtlSs__yqrslx
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1HLZSDGNCu-NlHOk-OOpwXmipx7bQzTxG
Saturday was a catch up on sleep day for me, while Dad and Jenny went for a bike ride, followed by a refreshing dip for Jenny. Damien went fishing and Em and Steve did their parenting and took Myles to the park. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1d9h8o3P_P0LKTn84nnVO1honOAkSnVYe
Sunday our last day I woke up with definite cold symptoms hitting hard, bloody day care and there germs! We enjoyed an awesome breakfast at the Whisky factory then said our social distanced goodbyes. It’s now 2 days later and I’ve taken the whole week off, we’ve both had our COVID tests, haven’t unpacked and feeling all snotty and yuk! Anyway it was an awesome mid year catch up and a place I would definitely visit again. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-6Ii9tyg_qmEDdZYYfe6y6aGyjVDbYI3

4 comments:

Em said...

You weren't shafted for once with you own lover's retreat! A perfect place for a perfect catch up!! Mwa!

Mum xxx said...

What a great time that looks like. Good old Corowa!!

Dibbo said...

Gotta do it again but we need to bring a chainsaw🤣🤣

Dibbo said...

I think you beat Em to the blog 😮