Monday, August 20, 2012

Cough, sniffle, cough!!

So I haven't written anything here for awhile as not much has been happening! I have been working at Cafe Deli during the day and Vitas restaurant at night. Prepping, serving, toasting, pouring, brewing, waitressing, slicing, eating, cleaning! And then doing it all again the next day. It is all going ok though considering I am absolutely over the hospitality industry. I am still counting down the days like crazy 3.5 months to go until I quit both jobs and go visiting for 3 weeks to say my goodbyes before vintage then TRAVELLING. My hours are good allowing me to fit in massage appointments, the gym etc before starting work most nights at Vitas. The only frustrating part has been trying to be organised for the day stuck in town as its so far home in Darlington Point. I have been so lucky to be able to house sit for a friend of Mum's while she's overseas, got the opportunity through massaging her. The apartment is in the next street directly off the main street, very handy on the weekends, I can also walk to both jobs saving a lot of petrol. I will miss it when i'm back in the Point living out of my car.

In other news I have been SICK for the past 8 weeks, off and on, up and down and am currently in the worst of it with the shitest yukyest flu ever in history. Taking its toll a lot after so long making me very cranky. Annoyed with the advice i'm getting from EVERYONE with their own remedies! Seriously its just the flu: sleep, vegies and water is the only way! It puts you back so much though, not being able to exercise properly and being sent home from work not earning enough money, and no energy to do much ie study/assignments. Hopefully this will be the end of the sickness coming into warmer weather! Also has got me thinking about when i'm travelling i'll be exposed to sick people in hostels etc might be a bit of a disaster. When I get back i'll be looking into the injections again.

So thats about it....

4 comments:

Em said...

Can't wait for you to come up here and visit!!!!!

Kezza!!!!!! said...

I'll make you chicken soup next time!

Kezza!!!!!! said...

PS That last comment was NOT KEZZA - it was MUMXXX. How do I make the computer go back to me???

Lauren said...

I miss you.

post more!