Well its official, I have graduated a BA in DESIGN FOR THEATRE AND TELEVISION at CSU, Wagga Wagga. It has been the best 3 years of my life so far and am sad that it is over, but also relieved. I picked Dad up from the airport at 9am, then had a coffee at Mick's Bakehouse then home to change for the ceremony at 2pm. Mum and Em wore white to their grads so naturally I wanted to as well, I found the perfect dress on Ebay 2 weeks earlier, and was a bit of a stress waiting for it to arrive. Thankfully turned up in the post the day before. Dad and I went to the Monastery for a delicious lunch, then met up with Mum and John who had the freshly dry cleaned, family gown, and got suited up for some photos.
The it was the ceremony. I wasn't nervous at all until I was about 3rd person to go onstage then the butterflies kicked in. My name was called and I went straight to the chancellor forgetting to dock my cap, which got a bit of a laugh. Our guest speaker was very inspirational, she is a Stage Manager for The House of dancing Water in China and has worked for cirque du soleile and actually quite that job because she thought she could do better. She is exactly what I want to be, and has been EXTREMELY SUCCESSFUL. She said in her speech she wasn't going to spend 4 years at UNI to work in a cafe and refused to take any job that wasn't in theatre. This made me feel a little ashamed and more determined be a stage manager (yet I am still working in a cafe)



I hav been contacted by a few companies and applied for jobs however nothing has been very appropriate. At this stage I will be in Wagga for another couple of months hopefully after Hair, maybe the whole year, Melbourne isn't really the best place anymore as I want to go to NSW tafe next year so might have to think more bout where I want to live in NSW.
2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS to my little darling! I'm very proud of you for finishing so well. Glad you continued the white dress/family gown tradition!
You are so lucky the dress arrived on time!!!
I remember thinking, with both my grads, over and over in my head what I was meant to do when I walked on the stage.
It brings back memories!
Post a Comment