I went to Peats Ridge to get my four volunteer shifts done. Up early two days in a row to drive (for something different) to Glenworth Valley. It was very windy, hot, tiring and repetitive BUT it saves me $300. My blood, sweat and skin was left in the decor ouch!! Was good to get it done before christmas so I didn't have to worry about it, ie last year we did the shifts during the festival, which is no where near as relaxing.
I finished the shifts just in time for Em and Steve to arrive in Newcastle airport.
Em looking really cool:
Christmas:
Having the time of our lives :-)
The usual Aunty Bub's diary:
Matt with all his family:
SO FULL:
Boxing day was spent with Dad, Jenny, Nanna and Pop. Lunch was absolutely delicious accompanied with strawberry dacaries and BBQ oysters. Was good to see Nanna and Pop, I would like to see more of them and see their new place.
After a few days with Em, Steve and Dad it was time for them to fly back to the Gold Coast and me to go to PEATS RIDGE ready for New Years. This year was different then last but so much fun. SO HOT, so we spent a lot of time in the creak during the day then mozied around the festival at night.
At laughing yoga hahahaha:
We camped in a spot right across from the DUB TENT which is very loud very BASEy music, surprisiy we got used to it by the end and almost started to like it. New years night we dressed up as PLANTS for the dress up theme. At mid night we saw 'Tom Fun Orchestra' which was very fun and ended up on the stage jumping around.

After the festival was over we joined a drum circle at the gates of some armature bongo players protesting after being kicked out of the grounds. They attracted a pretty large crowd, dancing to their drumming, was a lot of fun and meant we didn't get to bed until quite... early.







And here I am in Wagga waiting to hear if I have a job after walking up the street for two days going into EVERY cafe and pub, some I didn't know existed and dropped off my resume (take that centrelink). Every place I went to said the same thing, nothing for this month as its quiet and school holidays.... DAM.
3 comments:
Good to see another blog Kez! Make the most of your time jobless cause when you get a job you will be so annoyed that you can't get out and do things.
Yeah.. I'm in the same boat.. Can be boring doing nothing and just wanting a job to do something! But when u do have the job it's like I wish I didn't have to work and stops u from doing stuff :( But we all need money!! I just really want a steady income!!
So going to Peats Ridge next year!!
A great blog. Love the traditional Christmas photos....its always such a fun time! Hope you can get to Peats Ridge again next year. The pictures are so COOL!
Post a Comment