I got offered to follow the Wardrobe manager Dawn around at Gold Coast Little Theatre during their production of Arsenic and Old Lace. It is just a small community theatre run by volunteer actors/directors/designers etc. SO everyone working there are retirees putting on shows as a hobby, would be a great retirement idea. HOWEVER everyone there have clearly been involved in the field for many years and are used to professional treatment and get grumpy when not treated so.

It is interesting to see another theatre however I am not learning anything new as it is similar to the Wagga playhouse, a professional theatre would have been better, OR I could have worked for a TV station, I probably would have got more offers in TV and it would have been an experience but ive always been more interested in theatre. I have re-emailed the Arts Centre here who actually replied saying they may need an assistant Stage Manager AWESOME but didn't seem to promising, BUT they know im in the area now so just waiting for another reply. I have left my name again with Bangara Dance company so fingers crossed there. ALSO there may be a chance to design for This Is Not Art festival in Newcastle.. AND am applying for an internship with Newcastle civic theatre in September. So im not worried that I wont complete 2 weeks internship as is required for my assessment...
IN THE MEAN TIME im on the Gold Coast and want to enjoy a holiday as much as I can... OR organise myself for next semester... Started reading THE WIZARD OF OZ which I would like to design the lights for so I have done some research into lighting as we hardly learned anything in my lighting subject.... And also need to work out my 3 personal projects maybe some costume designing and se design/dressing for the proddies...
I havn't finished 1st Semester yet though... need to finish one assessment for lighting VECTORWORKS or rather Vecor-doesn't-work... The program ranout of copyright at the UN a few days before our assessment was due for it. And then Arnold, so I got special consideration and have to finish it in the last week of UNI. AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THE PROGRAM, we were not shown how to use it and have made so many mistakes, its one of those things where if you make one mistake he whole thing is stuffed... Stupid UNI lecturer.....
3 comments:
It is always GREAT to have you up here Kez!! Wish you could stay longer coz I'm on hols now and not doing anything!
EMxxx
Sounds like you have a lot of fingers in the pie so fingers crossd. Don't get frustrated with the lecturer, remember you are on hols now so kick back and relax.
Things always work out in the end...something good will come up I'm sure....
I was really pleased to see you as a bonus when I thought it wouldn't be till Christmas. It was fun to be with the family, and yes, it was sad to farewell Arnold.
Post a Comment